The TDL team is why clients come back to us time and time again. Our clients work directly with award-winning designers, safe in the knowledge there is a structured back office team to ensure projects are delivered on time, to budget and of a high quality.
Craig MelvinCreative Director
Tom HowseHead of Bid Design
Sammi LoernsHead of Editorial Design
Tomoko FurukawaSenior Designer
Jake PollockMid-weight Designer
Chris LewisMid-weight Designer
Christi Van HeerdenDesigner
Dave StroudHead of Operations
Ciara McLellanFinancial Controller
TDL-Creative are delighted to announce a partnership with bid writing and business development specialists 50 Degrees, launching a joint service offer that supports clients throughout their entire business journey.
50 Degrees enables organisations to design, win and deliver better public services.
TDL will support 50 Degrees across their service portfolio, creating compelling design and infographics that enhance understanding for clients and commissioners.
Established in 2010, 50 Degrees comprises a team of 30+ experienced consultants bringing expertise across justice, welfare, home affairs, education, defence, healthcare, and local government.
They provide their clients with a complete service offer:
- Insight: strategic advice, qualitative and quantitative research, and stakeholder engagement
- Growth: opportunity design, bid development, and commercial/financial modelling
- Change: contract mobilisation, leadership development, and performance improvement
In the last 12 months, 50 Degrees have supported their clients to secure and mobilise over £1.5bn of public service contracts.
Want to join a fantastic team? Join us!
£30,000–£34,000 per annum (Based on experience)
Fixed-term (6 Months), Full-time
TDL is an award-winning design consultancy specialising in Information Design. We’re a bunch of creative thinkers on a mission to make information more understandable – translating ideas into clear and compelling visual solutions. Over 12+ years, we’ve become known for designing impactful bids and tenders for businesses across government, transport, healthcare and more. Although this is our niche, we also offer services in digital, branding and editorial design.
Our studio is nestled between Waterloo and London Bridge, with Borough Market, Southbank and the Tate Modern right on our doorstep.
Mid-weight Designer | Starting January 2024 | 6 months FTC (with potential to extend)
We are looking for a talented Mid-weight Designer to join our studio. You should have a passion for user‑centric design; creating work that is both beautiful and easy to understand. In this varied and dynamic role you will be working across many business sectors, so will need to understand and visualise a wide array of topics.
You’ll be joining a team of 12 song bingo pros, houseplant enthusiasts and occasional crochet‑ers. Although we have different working styles, backgrounds and specialisms, we all share the same TDL values: creative + innovative, enthusiastic, responsive + reliable. If those traits sound familiar then we’d love to hear from you!
You will be focusing on our editorial, brand and corporate asset projects, but you may also be supporting the team on their projects.
Day-to-day, you’ll be working directly with clients to solve their business challenges, so you must be at ease presenting ideas and collaborating with a wide range of stakeholders. This role may require occasional travel within the UK.
- 3+ years of industry experience
- Experience in editorial and brand design, including preparing concept documents and proposals
- Creative flair and attention to detail
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite, including excellent use of InDesign, with good file organisation
- Good understanding of MS Office (Word & Powerpoint)
- Proficient Apple Mac user
- A team player, confident in sharing your idea
- Ability to multi-task, manage your own time and work under pressure
- Experience working on bids and tenders / corporate communications
- Motion design, animation and HTML/CSS skills
… this list isn’t exhaustive, so if you have some other work experience or interests that you’d like to tell us about, include them in your application!
How to Apply
- Please email your covering letter, CV and examples of your work (PDF or link) to
Please confirm you are eligible to work in the UK.
- After reviewing your portfolio, we’ll send you two short design tasks to understand the approach you take to the work we do.
- Short-listed candidates are then invited to meet some of the team at our studio for an interview which includes one final test task.
- Finally, we will let you know if you’ve been successful.
We are always on the lookout for great freelancers with an information design focus to their approach. If you’re interested to work with us on some exciting projects then please let us know.Email Dave