Highlights this month include:
- Dave was completely booked out for a few days to do some complex process diagrams for an exciting new social media client. We hear they liked it – they called him a legend!
- Ryan’s been inspiring some enthusiasm: he had engineers gathered to check out his drawings, and they were so impressed they physically shook him while saying how great a job did was!
Ryan: shaking it up.
- We have some new clients and are bidding in new sectors: this month it’s in housing development, civil works, and hotels.
- Craig and Oliver took a trip to Birmingham to check out new locations for the TDL West Mids office. They were really impressed with development in the city and especially the superb design facilities at Birmingham City University. They took the picture below of a city wayfinding system for the transport network.
- Tom celebrated his third year with TDL. We’ve asked him to tell us more, but he’s been too busy wowing clients the past couple of weeks to do a writeup.
- Tomoko attended a very informative two-day course with Andy Kirk, bringing back some useful insights that she shared with the team during our weekly hubble.
- Speaking of the hubble, we’ve had some diverse and interesting entries this month, ranging from infographics about the cost of living in London, a video showing the creation of ink, and the data visualisation tool Raw.
- Because we are proactive learners, we’re also sending Niki to Information Design summer school in beautiful Bath. Oliver went to the course a couple of years ago and highly recommends it.
- The Business in a Day website is live. BiaD is a one day workshop for people with a business idea that needs development to turn it into a reality. Check it out.